- The project manager exports the unlayouted “raw data” from the translation management system and forwards this to the DTP team.
- Here the files are adapted according to the customer’s requirements and taking the source text project into account.
- If requested, the files are given a final review by a native speaker of the target language.
- The customer might have additional comments which the team can integrate into the layouted files.
- The finished layouted files are sent back to the project manager in a ready-to-print/publish condition. The project manager then sends them to the customer.
Our DTP team works with a range of layouting and publishing programmes including Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, Articulate Storyline, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD and many more. Country-specific features can be specified in advance so that layouters apply them to the relevant documents.
- What format are the documents in?
- Are there special work instructions regarding the layout of the different target languages?
- Would you like the document to be reviewed in the target language?
- In what format should the documents be returned?
- Where will the contents be used later, i.e. online and/or in print media?