tc world 2020
What keeps localization industry experts busy nowadays? To shed some light on this question we have come up with several key topics to discuss at this year’s virtual tekom trade fair and beyond. “Nice to e-meet you” will be the motto from November 2nd up until November 6th 2020 on PCs, laptops and smartphones around the world.
We would like to hear your opinion! What drives you? What keeps you busy? What would improve your processes and how can we overcome these challenges together?
Our main topics for the year 2020 are:
- „Machine Translation with a Human Touch“ – Low touch workflows promise process optimization, faster time-to-market and cost savings. But beware: you can quickly fall into the trap of believing these promises simply because they sound good– We want to share with you what we have learnt in the past few years about how to avoid making wrong decisions and how to implement sensible solutions.
- „This thing called context“ – We would like to openly discuss the importance of context in creating meaningful content, both in the source language and in translation (with or without MT).
- „Upstream, Downstream – no Stream?“ – Why proof of concepts should be used for process optimization and why it makes sense to check existing processes regularly.
- „How to communicate is key“ – Collaboration tools, query and information management – only those who harmoniously bring these elements together create a convincing product and have a happy team. We would like to share with you how exactly this works, even at a time when more and more of us are working remotely, and what experience we have gained in this area.
- 5. “Pandemic and Innovation…?…!“ – How has the current global health crisis changed our work processes and what innovations have we come up with in the process.
We would also like to meet you and your team digitally. Visit our digital tekom profile now and network with us.
You will then have the opportunity to make an appointment, exchange information via the chat function and discuss the presentations with us during the conference.
If you do not yet have a ticket for the virtual tekom trade fair 2020, you can request a trade fair ticket here. This year, admission to the fair is free of charge!