tekom 2022 - Everything you need to know about tsd at the tekom trade fair
It’s the final countdown – From November 8-10, 2022, Stuttgart will be the center for technical communication (tekom) and thus also the “place-to-be” for the translation and localization industry. We at tsd will also be represented again with a booth at the tekom trade fair and giving presentations.
Are you interested in attending tekom?
We will be happy to provide you with a promotional code for your free visit to the trade fair, which you can use online. Simply write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Visit tekom 2022’sponsored by tsd”.
tsd trade fair booth - A dream in blue
As part of the SeproTec Family, we are bringing a bit of Spanish flair to our booth (D26) in Hall 2 this year. When we asked our colleagues in Spain what they could recommend to us, the choice was clearly red wine.
Our Managing Director Juan Julián took it upon himself to make a special wine selection for our booth visitors.
So, feel free to stop by our booth for a glass of red wine after a busy session and join us for a toast. The invitation is extended, of course, to all tc conference and tekom trade fair attendees.
That sounds like a good plan, but you don’t know where to find our booth (D26) in hall 2? We have prepared some directions for you.
Friendly reminder: this year our booth shines in cyan blue, so don’t walk by 😉.
tsd's Hot Topics - Let's Talk
We look forward to an exciting exchange with you about the latest changes in our service portfolio and developments on the market. We have also identified three specific hot topics that we particularly want to talk about with you:
- Cost-efficient localisation solutions: Quick and affordable – the wish of every client. But does the translation quality have to suffer in the end? We give you some tips on how to achieve the desired translation quality with limited time and a small budget. And how to convince your internal managers that multilingual content can be a real revenue generator.
- International expansion: Expansion into new markets means, above all, a lot of extra work. From website localisation to trainings to interpreting, we can provide you with a few lessons learned on how to streamline your processes. Brand new for the fair in our portfolio: our checklist for efficient video localisation processes.
- Intellectual Property (IP) translations: IP such as patents, trade marks and designs are important cornerstones of your products/services and often have more to do with your work than you think. To give you an insight into the world of intellectual property and discuss its relevance for you, we have invited an expert from SHIP Global IP. Together with him, we will take you into the world of intellectual property and its international implementation and relevance.
Exhibitor Presentation - Feel free to come by
Audiovisual content, such as e-learning and training, is becoming increasingly important to reach your target audience. But how do you proceed exactly? In our exhibitor presentation “Video – and audio localisation easy? Explained!”, our Managing Director Dominique Puls will guide you through the world of video localisation and eliminate some of the stumbling blocks in localisation for you.
What are the objectives of the lecture?
- Tricks for a lean localisation process
- Creating scripts correctly
- Synchronisation, voice over, text-to-speech, subtitling – but what?
- Choosing voices – but which ones?
- The most important aspects of audiovisual translations
- What can go wrong and how to fix it
- Quality assurance processes
Have we sparked your interest? Then join us on Wednesday 9th November at 16:30 in room C10.2.
Arena presentation - Let the discussion begin
Assumption: You are not using all the potential of TMS solutions – not because of incorrect operation, but because of non-centralised processes. Specifically, we would like to talk about the bridge between patent translation and technical translation.
- Patents and their relevance for technical documentation
- Product development cycle, connecting points and synergy effects
- Support through TMS
- Legal pitfalls due to faulty translations
Does that sound exciting? Visit us on Tuesday, 8 November at 13:00 in the Arena in Hall 2.
Why visit tekom?
Over the last few years, tekom has developed into the biggest industry event. In addition to the tc conference, the trade fair for technical communication is held alongside in the halls of the ICS in Stuttgart.
What you can expect as a Visitor:
- Inspiration through many exciting lectures on everyday challenges
- Knowledge about the latest state-of-the-art technologies on the market
- Consultation from a variety of suppliers from the translation and localisation industry
- Exchange with other experts in the industry
- A career start in the industry through a specially set up Career Hub